An excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our expanding business at SWS Broadband.
Community Engagement Executive - Circa £39,000
Will include occasional evening hours/weekends and staying away (all additional hours worked will be calculated at time and a half and able to be factored back as time off).
£6,000 per year car allowance + fuel card + laptop + iPad + phone + expense account
An excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our expanding business at SWS Broadband, which prides itself on being able to combine both professionalism and a genuine friendly family working culture. A knowledge or background in Telecoms or ISP will be an advantage but is not essential for someone who has the aptitude and desire to learn our business as we pride ourselves on our leading-edge technology. You will be reporting in directly to the Sales Director who operates a very level and open structure within her department.
The induction process is a fantastic opportunity to shadow with the Sales Director the actual role, where you will get the full working experience of the job itself, a great insight into the company and their vision, what they are looking to achieve and how you are part of that vision.
A background of working with people is what we consider to be the best fit for this opportunity - a ‘people person’ - someone who can engage with a wide and varied audience and can combine business development and customer demand creation, is the perfect balance for this role.
Working as a team our role is to build relationships with community groups, developing networks of local champions, ambassadors and influencers, whilst effectively and honestly managing expectations.
Working with sales and marketing raising awareness of SWS, stimulating demand, and encouraging sign up to our services whether using local resources, testing direct face to face, or identifying local initiatives.
We envisage that you will have worked in a sales or account management type of role before, or engaged with communities raising awareness, understanding how to successfully manage stakeholders. Having had exposure to hosting or arranging community events will be a bonus, as would previous project management involvement but is not essential and something we are happy to work with. An inquisitive nature is most definitely needed, and you should be the confident type who is comfortable to question things. You will most definitely have to be community focused with a genuine dedication to being true to people’s expectations, a person that thrives on being busy, and can apply their sense of humour to those days when things just do not go to plan!
We strive to be a company that speaks the language of the people it serves. Personality and self-drive is so important in this role and a sense of humour is top of that list, as you will be joining a team of people who work hard with a smile, and we genuinely treasure that culture that we have.
We are looking to appoint this person as a priority so if this sounds like the perfect role for you then please submit your CV without delay.
To increase the awareness of our products and services to a defined customer base in Shrewsbury and Wales and in time, the wider country. The measure of our success being an increase in turnover and customer base.
• Driving Licence
• A confident and personable communicator
• You will genuinely enjoy working with all different types of people
• You will be able to demonstrate a track record of multiple and varied stakeholder management
• Proven working experience of working within community or varied client base
• Experience of managing a diverse workload independently
• A strong ability to forward plan
• Working evidence of multi-tasking at high level
• A character that is comfortable to challenge processes and decisions
• You must be prepared to initially engage in a high-volume learning process
• Managing volume projects at various stages
• Multi management of stakeholders at varying levels
• Manage stakeholder relationships to achieve results
• Managing key stakeholder's interest
• Communicating internally and externally using a broad range of platforms
• Liaising with all departments
• Public speaking and conducting presentations – presenting to town and parish councils
• Online presentations such as Teams
• Use of varying social media platforms
• Community relationship building
• Arranging and booking Q&A sessions in communities
• Growing the customer base
• Gathering expressions of interest
• Increase profitability by engaging communities to join schemes
• Tracking and updating status of projects in process via project manager with full visibility through project management system and CRM
• Ongoing project development
• Booking all marketing collateral for events
• Advertising in local magazines
• Adhering to government funding regulations
Since 2005 SWS Broadband’s mission has been to provide high-speed broadband services to rural communities which are comparable to the services found in cities. Using leading-edge technologies to future-proof homes and businesses, we are currently rolling out new fibre broadband, which allows customers to choose a selection of packages with speeds from 30Mbps to 900Mbps.
SWS Broadband recently received a significant injection of capital from Tiger Infrastructure Partners and is now part of Global Connectivity plc. As a result, we are now able to expand our business operations, and build upon our successful, professional team, with the aim of utilising the excellence and experience of potential new recruits.
Drawn from the local communities we serve, our committed and talented current workforce enjoy what they do, understand SWS Broadband’s vision and in so doing, have helped us to reach this exciting stage in our development.
The opportunities at SWS Broadband will increase as the business grows, offering new employees the room to learn, progress and time to succeed.
Your career at SWS Broadband could take you anywhere, from installing fibre broadband points in some of the most picturesque areas of the UK, to providing support to our valued customer base, or designing and delivering creative marketing campaigns.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
RoleCommunity Engagement Executive
Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm. Will sometimes involve working evenings and weekends