An excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our expanding business at SWS Broadband.
Fibre Surveyor and Auditor - Circa £34,000
• 25 days holiday per year + statutory Bank Holidays rising by 1 day per year of service, to a maximum of 30 days per year (January – December + 1 day for your birthday when it lands on a working day
• Pension: Contribution – 5% employee & 3% employer
• Company sickness scheme
• Hybrid working where stated (job dependent)
• Free parking
• Modern, large air-conditioned business premises
• Free hot drinks and relaxing break area at Shrewsbury site
An excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our expanding business at SWS Broadband, where we take pride on being able to combine both professionalism and having a genuinely friendly family working culture, and the use of leading-edge technology is crucial to our working practices. SWS is continuously evolving to support and invest in our people to build a high performing culture that delivers our objectives, our values and our vision. The priority of this role will be auditing, and we will offer wayleave training should that be required.
• Excellent time management with strong organisational skills and the ability at any stage to manage changing priorities within tight deadlines
• Weezie or similar fibre planning software experience
• FTTP experience
• Comfortable at communicating across all levels
• Previous administrative role with a proficiency in all Microsoft applications
• Confident at asserting yourself in a professional and amenable manner
• Telecoms and/or wayleave experience would be desirable
• Liaison both internally and externally at all levels
• Completion of all documentation and tracker data ensuring all is compliant
• Deliver against the allocated volume and quality of inspections to meet targets, ensuring consistency of each audit
• Support corrective action process working closely with field operational colleagues
• Create and conduct network audits plans in line with PIA quality checks and report areas which do not meet standards
• Auditing, recording and filing of wayleave documents
• Creating timely reports of Business-critical data
• Request, process & audit all Remuneration requirements within the wayleave to all relevant parties.
• List and collate wayleave requirements within new designs
• Managing time effectively to ensure task completion in a timely manner and achieving business deadlines.
• Efficiently gathering, analysing and communicating information
• Building and maintaining positive, co-operative and professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• The ability to preserve confidentiality, maintain a professional approach when dealing with sensitive cases or high-profile clients and employ tact or diplomacy as and when required
• Proactively monitor and pursue outstanding information by phone or email.
• Generating reports
• Submitting JUPs and DPs
• Attend assigned daily/weekly and monthly meetings via Teams
• Complete other general wayleave administration work as required
Since 2005 SWS Broadband’s mission has been to provide high-speed broadband services to rural communities which are comparable to the services found in cities. Using leading-edge technologies to future-proof homes and businesses, we are currently rolling out new fibre broadband, which allows customers to choose a selection of packages with speeds from 30Mbps to 900Mbps.
SWS Broadband recently received a significant injection of capital from Tiger Infrastructure Partners and is now part of Global Connectivity plc. As a result, we are now able to expand our business operations, and build upon our successful, professional team, with the aim of utilising the excellence and experience of potential new recruits.
Drawn from the local communities we serve, our committed and talented current workforce enjoy what they do, understand SWS Broadband’s vision and in so doing, have helped us to reach this exciting stage in our development.
The opportunities at SWS Broadband will increase as the business grows, offering new employees the room to learn, progress and time to succeed.
Your career at SWS Broadband could take you anywhere, from installing fibre broadband points in some of the most picturesque areas of the UK, to providing support to our valued customer base, or designing and delivering creative marketing campaigns.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES