An excellent opportunity to join our engineering team, within our rapidly expanding business at SWS Broadband.
Trainee Wireless Engineer - Circa £24,500 (negotiable)
We have an excellent opportunity for you to join our engineering team within our rapidly expanding business at SWS Broadband. The wireless engineer is a key member of the engineering team, supporting and installing our fixed wireless customers and network. This trainee role offers excellent career progression opportunities. SWS Broadband prides itself on being able to combine both professionalism and a genuine friendly family working culture.
This role will need you to be comfortable working at heights and outdoors, where you will be trained using ladders and cherry pickers working in a variety of temperatures and weather conditions and sometimes evenings and weekends. You will be comfortable working with power tools such as drills, impact drivers and other toolbox tools. You will need to have good IT skills as the job will involve configuring network and radio equipment. A knowledge or background in Telecoms or ISP will be an advantage but is not essential for someone who has the aptitude and desire to learn our business as we pride ourselves on our leading-edge technology.
We would be very interested in hearing from anyone who has a genuine interest in the IT sector or someone from an electrical, telecoms, IT or ISP background who is looking to learn and progress.
Representing SWS Broadband and installing and maintaining our fixed wireless and fibre customers network
You will work alongside experienced engineers to gain hands on experience and knowledge of cable installation and building new infrastructure to our valued customers
• Must hold a full UK driving licence
• Ability to work at heights – ladders and cherry pickers
• Ability to work outdoors in all climates
• Experience with power tools & toolbox tools
• Good communication skills
• Must be a team player
• Possess a good level of physical fitness
• Good IT skills
• Available to join “on call” rota when competent in role
Desired Requirements (but not essential):
• Telecoms experience
• Electrical knowledge
• Have studied ICT and/or engineering
• An understanding and experience of IT Networking
• Learning technology and hardware for fixed wireless access
• Learning Systems
• Learning and understanding of the business
• Assisting engineer with project work – building new infrastructure, installations, and service appointments
• Learning to analyse and provide solutions to achieve difficult installations and then learning to install, sometimes whilst under pressure
• Updating jobs completed
• Assisting and learning overhead and underground cable installation
• Carrying out small civils work to ensure broadband delivery to customer premises
• Tree cutting and trimming where required
• Liaising with various departments within the business
• Learning the Installation of wireless infrastructure
• Carrying out maintenance of existing customers and fixing customer issues
• Troubleshooting customer and network issues when a service visit is required
• Progress to being part of the call out team once competent in job
• Being punctual, honest and reliable
• A strong willingness to learn new skills and adapt to evolving processes
• Conducting all work to the highest standard
• Being trained on working at heights, ladders and Cherry Picker to achieve certification
• Learning and adhering to all H&S requirements
• Learning the correct use of safety equipment and procedures and always ensuring correct use
• 25 days holiday per year + statutory Bank Holidays, rising by one day per year of service, to a maximum of 30 days per year (January – December)
• + 1 day for your birthday when it lands on a working day
• Pension: Contribution – 5% employee & 3% employer
• Company sickness scheme
Since 2005 SWS Broadband's mission has been to provide high-speed broadband services to rural communities which are comparable to the services found in cities. Using leading-edge technologies to future-proof homes and businesses, we are currently rolling out new fibre broadband, which allows customers to choose a selection of packages with speeds from 30Mbps to 900Mbps.
SWS Broadband recently received a significant injection of capital from Tiger Infrastructure Partners and is now part of Global Connectivity plc. As a result, we are now able to expand our business operations, and build upon our successful, professional team, with the aim of utilising the excellence and experience of potential new recruits.
Drawn from the local communities we serve, our committed and talented current workforce enjoy what they do, understand SWS Broadband's vision and in so doing, have helped us to reach this exciting stage in our development.
The opportunities at SWS Broadband will increase as the business grows, offering new employees the room to learn, progress and time to succeed.
Your career at SWS Broadband could take you anywhere, from installing fibre broadband points in some of the most picturesque areas of the UK, to providing support to our valued customer base, or designing and delivering creative marketing campaigns.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
LocationField based – varying locations due to nature of the role
RoleTrainee Wireless Engineer
Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm. Will sometimes involve working evenings and weekends
How to applyPlease Contact: Steph David - Recruitment Manager